top of page
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there requirements to be a resident of a Christian Housing building?

Yes, residents must fall under a certain income level to be eligible for housing at one of these facilities. Total family income must fall within the establish limits established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). In most of our apartments, an individual must be at least 62 years of age, or they must be 18 years of age and older and have mobility impaired needs that require the unique features of a handicap unit. See our About HUD page for more information.

Residents pay approximately 30% of their adjusted income. This is calculated in accordance with HUD regulations. Then, HUD pays the remaining portion of the established contract rent amount.

Do I have to be a member of a parish to be eligible?

No religious or spiritual requirements are necessary for you to become a resident at any of our twelve buildings. We welcome residents of all faiths and have numerous programs to meet the spiritual needs of residents from varying denominations.

How do I become a resident of a Christian Housing building?

Anyone seeking admission must first complete an application and provide some minimum information that will help determine if the person meets the criteria and requirements under the Section 8 rental assistance program. Applications are taken without regard to gender, race, creed or familial status and are governed by HUD regulations. See our our Communities page to contact a particular site or call (412) 821-7080 for Christian Housing’s main office.

bottom of page